Our Goat meat is specially sourced mature goat meat. The maturity of our goat meat gives it the original distinct African aroma and flavour that will take you right back home. Please note that our goat meat is not mutton.
Frozen Goat Meat – Boneless 1.5kg (£10.99/Kg)
To prepare frozen goat meat, follow these general steps:
- Thawing: Thaw the frozen goat meat by placing it in the refrigerator overnight or following the package instructions for thawing. Ensure that it is completely thawed before cooking.
- Trimming and Cutting: Trim any excess fat or unwanted parts from the goat meat. Cut it into smaller, manageable pieces based on your recipe or preference. Smaller pieces will cook faster and allow the flavors to penetrate the meat better.
- Marinating (optional): Marinating the goat meat before cooking can help tenderize it and enhance its flavor. You can create a marinade using ingredients like yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, herbs, spices, and aromatics. Allow the goat meat to marinate in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, or overnight for more intense flavors.
- Cooking: There are numerous ways to cook goat meat, depending on the desired dish. Some common cooking methods include:
- Stewing: In Nigerian cuisine, goat meat is often used in stews like goat meat pepper soup, goat meat curry, or Nigerian-style goat meat stew. Stewing involves simmering the meat slowly in a liquid, such as broth or sauce, along with vegetables and seasonings, until the meat becomes tender and flavorful.
- Grilling or Roasting: Goat meat can be grilled or roasted to create delicious kebabs or roasted goat meat dishes. Marinate the meat before grilling or roast it in the oven until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Braising: Braising involves searing the goat meat to develop a rich flavor, then simmering it in a flavorful liquid until tender. This method is commonly used for dishes like braised goat meat in a tomato-based sauce.
- Curry: Goat meat can also be used to make flavorful curries, such as Nigerian goat meat curry, where it is cooked with a variety of spices, herbs, and coconut milk or tomato-based sauce.
- Seasoning and Serving: Season the goat meat with salt, pepper, and any additional herbs or spices according to your taste preferences. Serve the cooked goat meat with rice, yam, plantains, or other side dishes commonly enjoyed in Nigerian cuisine.